St. Martin of Tours school is proud to be one of three schools in our diocese offering a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) to our school families. Unlike preschool or pre-kindergarten, which does not offer a prescribed curriculum and falls under California state day care licensing, our TK is the first step in a two part Kindergarten program established by the State of California’s Kindergarten Readiness.
- Follows a prescribed curriculum to prepare students to enter kindergarten.
- Students are part of the elementary school where students enjoy all the school facilities, hot lunch program and follow our school calendar, tuition schedule, etc.
- Students wear the Bengal Cub uniform
- Two fully credentialed teachers and a full day aide with early childhood education experience.
- Students must be 4 years old by September 1st
- Previous preschool experience
Morning only program from 8:00am to 12:15pm
School day program from 8:00am to 2:40pm
TK Core Curriculum
- Handwriting without tears
- Get ready for school’s math, reading readiness and writing, language and literacy program
- Montessori methodology
- Hands on learning techniques
- Gross and fine motor activities recommended by occupational therapists
- Catholic Icing Religion program
- Bible stories
- Daily 5