Learning should be joyful and fun. Our community of teachers, faculty and parents partner together to inspire students to think critically and act responsibly. St. Martin of Tours is a parish school rich in the tradition of Catholic education and committed to academic excellence.
- This is where it all begins - elementary school is where students acquire a sound base of academic and critical thinking skills and confidence to prepare them for their academic journey.
- Parents and teachers partner to instill a profound love for God, an appreciation for human differences and a commitment to living the Gospel message of Jesus.
- Liturgical celebrations and religious education help our students to understand their role in the community. From sacramental preparation, student-led liturgies and community celebrations to hands-on community service projects our students respect and celebrate the diversity of all God's creation.
- In the tradition of Catholic education, our families are an important part of our school community. Each parish family provides volunteer service hours to offset a parishioner tuition discount and a broad range of programs such as Art, Music, Performance Band and much more.
St. Martin of Tours is a community where children thrive. It all begins in kindergarten, where learning is exciting. Students are inspired to become independent thinkers who develop a curiosity for learning and the confidence to take on new challenges.
- Two full time teachers in transitional kindergarten and kindergarten plus teaching assistants in all classes through 4th grade for core subjects such as Language Arts and Math ensure that students receive instruction that meets their individual learning styles.
- We prepare our students for a lifetime love of learning that extends well beyond basic academics. Along with the St. Martin's Parish community, we seek to inspire students to become engaged learners and good citizens.
- In addition to a challenging academics, we offer students access to a Learning Lab which offers small group intervention for grades K-8.
- Our learning environment is staffed with qualified, caring, committed, and creative teachers whose first priority is what is best for our children.
- The transitional kindergarten and kindergarten day have similar schedules, featuring activities such as morning circle time, small group instruction in reading and math, music, movement, art, library, and computers. We also offer Religion, Social Studies and activities centers.
- Extended care is available from 7:00-7:50 a.m. and school dismissal to 6 p.m. We provide an entire year of developmentally appropriate learning opportunities, games and creative activities.
- When you walk through our halls and peek into classrooms, you will see happy and engaged students focused on a myriad of challenging and innovative learning activities.
Academic excellence is just the beginning. Our students are not only engaged learners, but also followers of Jesus, good citizens, athletes, actors, singers, musicians, speakers, artists, mentors, volunteers and more. This is where it all begins... a lifetime love of learning.
- Continuing updated technology including Chromebooks, MacBooks, and iPads to integrate technology in student academic activities, MacBooks for teachers.
- Learning Lab providing intervention and enrichment
- Differentiated teaching to meet students' varied learning styles
- Librarian and comprehensive up-to-date library resources
- Art teacher with a dedicated art room
- Music program including performance Band (Vocal: grades K-6; Instrumental: grades 4-8)
- Spanish program with a dedicated Spanish teacher, grades K-8
- Fully-equipped science lab with hands-on science experiments that begin in the 5th grade
- Outdoor education: trips to Hidden Villa, Gold Country, Marin Headlands, Yosemite National Park, Olympic National Park and more
- Annual yearbook created with student participation
- Extracurricular: Performing chorus (grades 3-8); Concert Band (grades 4-8); competitive sports teams (grades 5-8) including flag football, basketball, and track for boys; volleyball, basketball, softball and track for girls.
- On site field and large gym: Home field advantage for flag football and softball practices and games. Field games enhance PE program.